Tuesday, October 20, 2009

weekend warrior

The weather has been beautiful in Baton Rouge this past week. Saturday, Scott and I thought it would be nice to have a change of scenery for our usual run. When we lived in Southdowns, the LSU lakes were right around the corner -- so they were an every week place to go exercise.

The thing is, it's been a long time since I've run as many as four miles... at least five years. Scott and I run about 2 miles at a time, and pretty easily, but still, four?

We ran the entire "big" lake (4 miles) Saturday afternoon. It was exhilarating to find that we could do it! The rest of the evening Saturday we were both feeling great. At some point, I decided it would be a good idea to do it again Sunday, and Scott agreed! We were going to do it again!

Sunday morning we ate brunch at Kingfish and went on our run around 3. At the beginning of the run, I noticed my muscles were still tired from Saturday's run. A mile or so in, I realized that brunch wasn't the best idea. About three miles in, I realized my underpronating was causing some pain in my left foot. I guess I thought it would go away... and when it didn't, there wasn't much I could do about it anyway! We finished the four miles at only 2 miles slower than the day before. The second run was much harder, but I was so proud of myself for being able to do it!

It looks like it may be a while until I am able to run again. I am hobbling around on a mildly sprained left ankle. Fortunately I am able to wear flats to work! Unfortunately, I still have to walk around school all day to see my clients. Tonight I'm skipping our Tuesday night boot camp class at the YMCA... hopefully tomorrow we'll be at the lakes again!

No comments: